Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Grade


Yesterday, Eli started first grade. Which seems so much older than kindergarten for some reason.
And he is going to do awesome this year. Even though there is a lump in my throat as I see him run off to the playground. I'm thankful he hugged me (twice) and hugged and kissed Simeon. I'm so thankful he is confidently running to the playground and happy to be at school. Thankful for the small community that we live in...and that even though we switched schools, there are a ton of familiar faces. I'm thankful that his teacher is energetic and warm and greets all her kids by squatting down to their level and asking them for a hug, handshake, or high five. Thankful that my sweet boy has picked a hug both days. Thankful that we had a nice bike ride together to school. 

I think this year is going to be awesome for him...and that even though the change of school comes with some down sides, I think this will overall be a better fit for all of us. 







We will miss him today. And picking him up this afternoon will be such an awesome feeling!! 

So proud of my boy. :) 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi! Just stopping by via DesignHer Momma. Noticed you live in Wyoming. I do as well. You have a beautiful family! I have 2 in school this year. One in 2nd grade and one in kindergarten. Blessings to you!

Rebecca said...

Hi! I live in Rawlins. The pics are from Seminoe State Park.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...