Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Recalibrating




The last couple of weeks I have just not exactly felt like myself. So many great things have been happening. I've been having so much fun with the boys. New opportunities. Exciting times preparing for Christmas.  But the house gets quiet at night. I lay in bed and begin worrying a little too much about stupid things that don't matter...and not putting the time and effort into the Life-Giving Relationship that does matter. I don't know why I let myself get to that point. Of worrying about things I don't have control over.  The point where I feel out of control of the consuming thoughts that are frustrating and destructive. Instead of focusing on my relationship with Jesus and my family...focusing on what matters. 


Its amazing what a few minutes with youtube blasting in my ear can do for me. 


Like that...I turned to the right place. And once again I'm recalibrated. Reaching for my Jesus...instead of the things of this world. Freedom.


Thankful for songs ...that double as perfect prayers when I don't know where to start. 



I will stand on the solid rock
I believe it if i feel it or not
Word of God come and fill my thoughts

I am Yours, take control

I will stand on the solid rock

I believe it if i feel it or not

Word of God come and fill my thoughts
I am Yours, take control 

The enemy defeated
Living in freedom
Hope of glory
Living inside my life, in my life
(Desperation Band)







1 comment:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Hang in there friend. IT is so easily to get caught up in the thoughts that can take us away from the joy right there in front of us. My wish for you this coming week is that you can let go of the things that didn't get done and you can sit back and soak up the joy. You have so much. ....and I might be telling this to myself too! Love so much that you are in my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...